Flavours of Anatolia & Middle Eastern food Cookery Courses near Marple Stockport Manchester
Beginners‘ cookery course with School of Food in Manchester. Learn to cook great food in 6 fun sessions.
Call 07544 251443 to book or
29/April/2014 between 10:30 AM and 13:30 Hours
£25 Per Person
Minumum 4 people , Maximum 6 people.
Turkish and Middle Eastern Cooking Courses in Marple, Stockport, Manchester
About the Course
Anatolian home cooking – Inspiration from Mum!
Join us for an action packed 3 hours full of regional Anatolian cuisine inspired by Turkish Mum’s home cooking dining culture in Anatolia.
Your chef for this half day course is Aslan Sag – Aslan ( The Lion) is passionate about vegetarian dining and Anatolian street food, inspired by extensive travels across Anatolia.
You will learn how to create amazing flavours, blending herbs and spices and making dipping sauces and accompaniments.
The dishes cooked can either be cooked as vegetarian or meat dishes so this course is suitable for vegetarians or meat eaters alike*.
Dishes for the day may include:
– “Patlican Ezme” ( Smokey aubergine dip with garlic and yoghurd )
– “Cacik” Anatolian Yoghurd dip with cucumber, dry mint and dill.
– Spiced Potato Salad with spring onion and cornichon
– “Cevizli Ezme” Walnut dip with pepper paste and cumin
– “Saka Suka” ( Fried aubergine in rich tomato sauce )
– Borek ( Fillo pastry filled with spinach & Feta cheese)
– Sucuk ( Grilled garlic beef sausage )
– “Cracked Wheat” Bulgur Rice cooked with fresh tomato and bell peppers.
– “Fried aubergine, Courgette and Pepper slices with fresh tomato sauce.
– Nohut Yahni( Slow cooked lamb with chick peas)
– Mantarli Tavuk Sote ( Chicken saute with field mushrooms )
– Bulgur Pilavi ( cracked wheat pilaf )
– Kadayifi ( shredded wheat pastry with nuts and thick syrup )
– Tavuk Gogsu ( milk pudding with rice flour with touch of cinnamon)
– “Seftali Tatlisi” Oven baked fresh peaches in thick syrup served with cream and wallnuts.
A fun filled half a day full of stories from Aslan, amazing food and inspirational, sustainable cooking.
* (as long as vegetarians are happy with meat being cooked by other guests)