Weather is very bad today and I decided to bake some cake to accompany my cinnamon cappuccino for afternoon delight and used all the left over kiwis and orange in my fruit plate.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 75 gr semolina
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 4 firm kiwifruit, peeled, cut into 5mm slices
- 125 gr butter, at room temperature
- 150 gr caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 220 gr flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole fresh orange juice and its zest
- 50 gr almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 23cm-square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour , baking powder, Bicarbonate of soda, semolina and mix with cinnamon.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour mix then add chopped kiwi and orange juice until combined well. Spoon into cake pan the mixture and sprinkle almond flakes on it.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes before turning out.